Event - IYTA – Post Graduate Certificate Pre & Post Natal
- Teacher Training
- Yoga Teacher
- 3 months ago
IYTA – Post Graduate Certificate Pre & Post Natal
Total Hours: 150
3 Levels over 4 – 6 months
The International Pre and Post Natal Yoga Teacher Training is offered in a flexible and affordable manner. The course is open to yoga teachers, doulas, midwives, men and women interested in furthering their knowledge of bringing applied yoga techniques to pregnant women and new mothers.
The International Yoga Teachers Association Faculty of senior lecturers includes some of Australia’s most experienced Pre and Post Natal Yoga teachers with multiple Diplomas and qualifications in their respective areas including:
- pre and post natal yoga
- nursing and midwifery
- child birth education
- transpersonal psychology
- lactation consultancy
- infant massage therapy
- post natal counselling
- active birth techniques
- chiropractors and physiotherapists
The course is endorsed by Yoga Alliance (USA) and Yoga Australia. It is recognised as one of the most thorough and respected pre and post natal yoga teaching courses in the World.
This course is intended for those teachers and professionals who wish to broaden their skills and deepen their knowledge specifically in teaching pregnant women, couples preparing for birth and new mothers – either in dedicated classes or in general classes.
If this Course is not completed or assessments not passed then a certificate of attendance will be granted rather than a full Post Graduate Certificate. The certificate of attendance still reflects CPD points.
The Course is delivered in Three Levels with a combination of home-based study, open book assessments, on-line lectures, and face-to face study weekends held around Australia and the World.
Course Guidelines will be issued on full registration and receipt of payment. If required, Level One and Level Three of the course may be completed via correspondence.
Note – If you are considering applying to become a member of Faculty – and we hope you are – to qualify it’s mandatory that you have completed one of the International Yoga Teacher Association’s Post Graduate Courses, such as this one.
- Overseen by Lecturer in Midwifery/Yoga Teacher
- Delivered in three Levels
- Level 1: Foundation – Two Days including Pelvic Floor, Stages of Pregnancy, Safe Yoga practice for each Stage of pregnancy
- Level 2: Practical Residential Intensive – Fours days focusing on Safety and Birth and planning and running classes and workshops
- Level 3: Post Natal Care, Mums and bubs – three full days of training, focusing on post natal care, physical, emotional and spiritual support and how to plan and run a Mums and Bubs classes
Details of Course Levels
As a Graduate you will:
- be highly sought after to run specialist Pre and Post Natal Yoga Classes
- be acknowledged and respected around the World as having completed a professional, thorough
teacher training course in this speciality
- be able to structure and deliver a Pre Natal class for expectant mothers with strict adherence to safety, nurturing and respect for Mother and Child
- be able to structure and deliver a Post Natal class for new mothers with strict adherence to the welfare and safety of the new mother
- be able to design and deliver a partners birth class
- be able to design and deliver a Mums and Bubs class
- receive ongoing guidance, support and mentoring from the IYTA Pre and Post Natal Faculty
- be listed as a specialist in Pre and Post Natal Yoga Teaching on the IYTA website