Fitness Instructor / Personal Trainer
- RecWest Footscray
- Footscray, Victoria, United States
Days Of The Week
Friday, Monday, Saturday, Sunday, Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday
Our vision for the management of RecWest Footscray and RecWest Braybrook is to:
Actively engage the whole community in diverse and accessible recreation pursuits in safe environments to improve health and social benefits and create a harmonious community.
The RecWest facilities provide opportunities for the local community to be active, regardless of age, gender, culture or ability including:
Health club, personal training, group fitness and children’s programs. Both multipurpose community recreation centres work in synergy to offer a diverse portfolio of services designed to connect individuals, families and communities.
Key Elements of the Role
This is a unique role with plenty of variety that encompasses the delivery of Health and Fitness Instruction with Customer Service, as well as the opportunity to instruct Group Fitness classes on our timetable and engage Personal Training clients. They will work as part of a team to deliver the best experience to all members and deliver the centre vision.
- Previous experience as a health and fitness instructor and personal trainer
- Previous experience in a customer service role
- Proven success in the recruitment and retention of new members and clients
- Interpersonal skills and an ability to deal with a diverse range of customers in age, culture, fitness histories and other backgrounds
- Working with Children Check
- Certificate III and IV in Fitness
- Registration with a fitness industry body
- Level 2 First Aid
- CPR and Defibrillator
- Safeguarding Children & Young People Online Training (will be provided once appointed)
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework. Visit our website for further information